Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Additions

About a week or so ago we were getting out of the car and Afton said "Mommy, I see a nest!" I looked around, but didn't really see any bushes that would be safe enough for a bird to build a nest in, and we only have one smallish tree in our yard - so I thought maybe she meant at Grandma's house or something so all I said was "That's nice". To which she replied, pointing emphatically to our scrawny tree "No, mommy, I see a nest!" Sure enough, there was a nest in our little tree! It was too high up in the tree for me to pick her up to see into it, so I told her we would have to wait for daddy to get home and use his ladder. She was so excited that she could hardly wait for him to get out of the truck before she was begging to see inside her nest! Joe climbed up first to make sure we weren't going to get our eyes pecked out by a momma bird defending her babies and when he came down he said "we have baby birds". I was worried that Afton would want to pet the birds or touch the nest, and knew that if she did the chances of momma bird coming back were slim to none. So we explained to Afton that we couldn't touch anything, but she could look at the birds and she did great! So, here are the pictures of our newest babies...
Hungry little guys...

and noisy, too!

Momma bird keeping watch




1 comment:

Amber Lee said...

That is SO CUTE! My kids would love that!