Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

So, I promised pictures of our new home and here they (finally) are...




So, this is it...1250 feet of "I am LOVIN' it!!"




This is the view from our entryway - to the left is the Entertainment Center and to the right is the hallway to the bedrooms. The kitchen is off the Living Room to the right (in the back)

This is Afton's bedroom - it's small, but she loves it. There is a killer shelving system in her closet which is just perfect for her, since we are trying to teach her to get her own shoes and clothes in the mornings, and it makes finding everything easier when she doesn't have to dig through a dresser. The very first night we spent here she woke up the next morning and shouted "Mommy, Daddy - there is grass outside my window!!" It was then that I realized that for pretty much as long as she could remember, she had only seen a parking lot when she looked out her window. What a shame!



This is the playroom that is hardly ever used, because Afton and all her toys always end up here...



This is part of our very loverly backyard - about half of it actually, there is more off to the right that I couldn't get in the photo. Afton and Wookie (not to mention Joe & I) spend about 85% of our time out here. Keep scrolling for the flora and fauna...



Magnolia? Azalea? I don't know, but it sure is pretty!


We have a whole family (herd? flock? possie?) of bumblebees that live in one of our potted plants. They really are quite friendly.


One of the many butterflies we get in "our garden" as Afton calls it.


I believe this is in the Black-Eyed Susan family. The colors are beautiful!


Again, I don't know what this is, but I think it's stunning!


Who can resist a girl & her puppy?


Hydrangea - my all time favorite flower; and this one is the most stunning shade of pale blue!


Stopping to sniff the, uh, impatiens?


Here leezard, leezard, leezard.


Another butterfly.
Well, that's pretty much it, hope you enjoyed the tour - have a safe trip home, and remember to tip your cabbies, it's not a hobbie!



3 comments:

Amber Lee said...

Oh, Michelle, I love it! Congrats! It's beautiful, inside and out! I love the pic of Afton smelling the flower.

Toni said...

the white one is gardenia. It smells amazing. I am loving the backyard. I am so jealous.

Laura said...

I'm so happy for you! I love your house, especially the backyard! Afton will have tons of fun, not to mention Wookie. :)