Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...again.


Ok, I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but it snowed here today...a lot. It started at about 9:30 this morning and snowed all day until around 5pm. These weren't the teeny tiny flakes we see around here (on the rare occasion we see any flakes at all), these were really large, fluffy flakes - and they came down fast! I think the news said we recieved two inches. Laugh if you must, but two inches will shut this little town down, and it did. There was no school, the banks were closed, grocery stores were closed...there was nothing open. This was Afton's first time seeing snow and she loved it! I had to stop her at the back door (actually, it was more like a tackle when she was halfway through the back door) because she was still in her pajamas with no socks, no shoes and no coat. I have never seen that child get dressed so fast! Too bad she couldn't have given me 3 minutes to get out of my pajamas. I'm sure the neighbors loved to see me in my flannel pants and sweatshirt! My only regret is that Joe wasn't here to share this first with us. He's still in Peru on business. The irony of it all is that he was supposed to be home yesterday, but decided to stay on for another week so that he wouldn't have to go back. As you can imagine, he's pretty bitter. I want to post all 20 pictures, but I'm trying to be better about editing them down...so here are a few of my favorites from today...

2 comments:

The Hollingshead Fam said...

It looks like Afton had fun. We don't get to have fun snow! We don't even have "snow days" anymore. :(

Amber Lee said...

She gets more beautiful every day, I swear! I can't believe that we were out there for 4 years and never got to see that! (Not that we don't get our fill out here--it's snowing right now! It just would have been cool to see snow there!)