Monday, January 5, 2009

So...where was I?

Oh yes, December. Afton chose the colors for our Christmas tree this year, so we ended up with purple and silver. I wasn't so crazy about the combo at first, but it actually turned out to be really beautiful. I was putting the wreath together one night when she asked to help...so I let her. She decided where all the ornaments went and under no circumstances was I to move any of them (okay, maybe when she wasn't looking I tweaked it just a touch), but either way; here's the finished product. We're very proud...


After she was finished supervising the tree decorating (think "No, mommy, not there! Next to the little purple one!" and "No, higher!") Joe and I let her put the star on the Christmas tree, with a little help of course...

I was the party mom for Afton's class Christmas Party at her Preschool, and it was so much fun!! Unfortunately, I was to busy to take any pictures, but as soon as I get them from the other moms I'll post them. We had a really low-key, non-crazy kind of party. I baked a couple dozen Chrismas sugar cookies in the shape of Christmas trees and tinted vanilla frosting green. We let each child take a couple of cookies and a big glob of frosting and had them decorate their own cookies, complete with sprinkles and sparkly green sugar. They were... ummm...interesting. And, just a note - if you are ever a party mom, I HIGHLY recommend letting them do that! It took a good 15 - 20 minutes and they were so quiet! We had pizza and some fruit and veggies - then onto the cupcakes. They also had a gift exchange, each child drew a name and bought a gift for that little boy or girl. We tried to keep it somewhat organized, but once the wrapping paper started to fly it was all over. After that we sang a couple Christmas carols and then sent them packing. Sugar them up and send them home...that's how I roll.

Now for the highlight of the month...Christmas!! This was such a fun Christmas! The week after Thanksgiving I went through a couple of toy books with Afton. I told her to circle the things that she wanted Santa to bring to her; and we would make a list for him. She was so into it!! At first she was very discriminating...only circling the things that really appealed to her, but by the end of it she was circling every page. On one page I asked her "Do you want these drums? Is that why they're circled?" and she said "No, I want the boy who plays the drums." I'm so proud...my little girl digs drummers. Well, needless to say, she did NOT get the little boy, neither did she get the drums. She did, however, rack up. Here are some pictures from Christmas morning...

I love a Christmas tree that's all lit up with tons of presents!!

Who knew that My Little Pony made a working Ferris Wheel and Roller Coaster?

Ok, this thing rocks! It's a Snugglekins by Fisher Price and the baby monkey coos and gurgles. But not in a creepy, going-to-chew-your-face-off-in-your-sleep kind of way. The swing plays a lullaby and lights up...it's Uber-cute!



I think this is the part where Afton yelled "LOOK MOMMY...IT"S A BABY MONKEY!!"


Every kid needs Candy Land - and this kid has beaten both

Joe and I at it almost every time we play!!


This adorable, fuzzy, pink back pack comes complete with a detachable ballerina teddy bear.


And nothin' says Christmas Day better than a giant lollipop for breakfast!



No comments: